Responsibility for the Environment and Society
Being a successful chemicals marketing organization operating on an international scale, we assign immense importance to the responsible handling of our products. Safety and care come first and foremost, both during product transportation and storage. This is intended to protect people as well as the environment; at the same time, however, this secures the excellent reputation and market competitiveness of our Company. We perceive our extensive quality management as contributing towards keeping our Company fit for the future.
Moreover, with our voluntary participation in the "Responsible Care" program of the Verband der Chemischen Industrie (German Chemical Industry Association), HELM AG is committed to the sustainable management of resources and to the Ten Principles of the "United Nations Global Compact", which pursues social and ecological objectives.
We actively work towards implementing these Principles in our direct sphere of influence.
The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact:
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights in our sphere of influence
- No participation in human rights abuses
- Respect the freedom of association
- Elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor
- Effective abolition of child labor
- Elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery